Black Friday might be over, but there are plenty of great Cyber Monday weather station deals, including some new ones that have recently appeared.
As you might have guessed from our name, we have tested quite a few weather stations (and own quite a few too)! So what are the best weather station deals this holiday? We’ve found a few good deals so far, and will add to this list throughout the sale!
Before You Shop
Before diving into our deals, ensure you’re an Amazon Prime member! Some deals are Prime Exclusives, so joining now gets you a 30-day free trial required to take advantage of most deals, and you can cancel at any time!
Not sure what to get? Let them pick. Amazon also offers Prime gift memberships for as little as $39. (We know from experience as weather geeks that you’ll buy much more once you start weather-watching!)
Disclosure: The Weather Station Experts may earn fees in the form of a small commission resulting from sales from clicks from this page.
The Best Cyber Monday Weather Station Deals
The WS-5000 is Ambient Weather's top-of-the-line weather station, and it shows. Accuracy is on par with the Davis Vantage Pro2, and smart home connectivity a new sonic anemometer make this our top pick.
- Great full-color console
- An impressive list of optional sensors
- Smart home connectivity
- Improved barometer and rainfall accuracy (from WS-2902 series)
- Cumbersome console setup
- Some sensors had to be reset to connect to console
At $360, the WS-5000 is at the best price it’s been all year, and if you’ve been holding off because of the $450 price tag, now’s the time to scoop the WS-5000 up. This deal likely ends at midnight Cyber Monday (Pacific Time), so don’t wait.
If the WS-5000 is too expensive for you, consider the WS-2000 instead, which features the same higher-end console, but with the WS-2902's sensor suite.
- The expandability of the WS-5000 without the price
- Color display
- Competitively priced
- Uses a lower-quality sensor suite
- Console interface isn't the best
The Ambient Weather WS-2000 is like a mix of the best of both the WS-2902 and WS-5000 in a more affordable package. The WS-2000 uses the WS-2902’s console but opts for the WS-5000’s console, which is a significant (and worthy) upgrade. The better console allows you to add optional sensors and view them on the console screen, something the WS-2902 cannot.
The early sale on the WS-2000 knocks 20% off the price on Amazon, which is about average.
We were surprised with how accurate the Ambient Weather WS-2902 was, given its price. We wholeheartedly recommend this to weather watchers on a budget.
- Best value in terms of capabilities
- Best-in-class smart home connectivity
- Great accuracy for the price
- Solid construction
- Console readings update less frequently than other models
At least for now, the sale price on the WS-2902 is pretty disappointing, as it’s a good $20 above what it has been in the past. At this price, we’d shop around elsewhere, or wait and see if the deal gets better as we get closer to Black Friday — completely possible.
Regardless, the Ambient Weather WS-2902 weather station is incredibly compact and includes all the main components of a professional weather station at a fraction of the price, with accurate readings that rival stations many times its price. Professional equipment can cost hundreds of dollars for one instrument, so this weather station is a great deal.
If you are thinking about purchasing a beginner weather station that includes the basic weather monitoring instruments already pre-calibrated, this weather station is a great option.
The Ambient Weather WS-2902 features the following:
- Integrated indoor and outdoor hygrometer/thermometer (relative humidity and temperature)
- Cup anemometer (wind speed)
- Wind vane (wind direction)
- Rain gauge
- Solar radiation and light intensity
- Barometer (barometric pressure)
- Large LCD Display
- Measures wind speed/direction, temperature, humidity, rainfall, UV and solar radiation
- A cheaper alternative to the WS-2902
If you’re a Prime member, you can grab the WS-1965 for just $109, the lowest price we’ve seen since it debuted earlier this year. And it has internet connectivity, too!
The WeatherFlow Tempest is the weather station to buy if you own a smart home. The lightning detection capabilities are also the best we've seen. And you can use promo code TWSE23 for 10% off if you buy direct from WeatherFlow.
- Super quick setup
- Outstanding lightning detection
- Fairly accurate instrumentation
- Ready for the smart home
- Haptic rain sensor doesn’t measure rainfall accurately enough
- No expandability
While the WeatherFlow Tempest isn’t on sale on Amazon yet, we’ve been alerted to a promo code, ‘GIFT20,’ which will give you a bigger discount if you buy from WeatherFlow directly. The ship dates on the Tempest on Amazon do slip as we get closer to Black Friday (it’s one of their most popular selling models), so we recommend buying directly if possible (outside of the US, most places will need to use Amazon, WeatherFlow has previously told us).
The WeatherFlow Tempest connects real-time weather data to a well-designed smartphone app. The Tempest includes more precipitation metrics than the other weather stations, including rain intensity, duration, and net accumulation. It even features a lightning detector, making it a better option for areas with frequent thunderstorms and severe weather.
The Tempest weather station includes the following:
- Reports of station pressure and sea level pressure
- Rain sensor (detects rain intensity, duration, and accumulation)
- Ultrasonic wind sensor (measures wind direction and wind speed)
- Lightning detector
- The outdoor sensor contains a haptic rainfall sensor, light and UV sensors, an ultrasonic wind speed sensor, and both temperature and humidity sensors
- Connects to Weather Underground and WeatherCloud
- Includes Wi-Fi hub
Compatible with other Ecowitt sensors
At $200, the Ecowitt Wittboy — a clone of the WeatherFlow Tempest minus the lightning detection — is a steal, and also at the lowest price all year.
- HD display with battery backup and integrated Wi-Fi connectivity
- Fastest updates to Weather Underground of any home weather station
- Forecasts weather up to 12 hours in advance
- Lightning detection
- Real-Time Weather Conditions: Indoor and outdoor temperature, humidity, wind speed, direction, UV, light intensity, barometric pressure trends, and rain totals
The AcuRite Atlas is a station that we’ve tested, but it didn’t make our best home weather stations ratings as other stations scored higher. While it isn’t as accurate as higher-end stations, you get quite a bit for the price, including the option for lightning detection, which while not as sensitive as the WeatherFlow Tempest, still does fairly well.
Our favorite feature of internet-connected AcuRite stations is the myAcuRite app. We’ve long complemented their development team for a well-designed user interface that works the same on both mobile and desktop screens.
Normally $279, you’ll be able to pick this up for $229 during Black Friday, which while not the lowest price we’ve seen, is still a good deal.
- Easily connect your indoor weather station display to Weather Underground for remote monitoring
- Receive over 25 data points and set alarms
- Wireless weather station with a built-in anemometer, wind vane, barometer, hygrometer, rain gauge, and thermometer
- Collects elevation data and combines it with barometric pressure data to provide a personalized weather forecast
This is just one of the many AcuRite Iris models available, however at least early on this is one of the models that is included in Amazon’s early deals. As it is an Iris model, it includes all the basic weather variables you’d expect, but doesn’t have the expandability of the Atlas.
- Indoor/outdoor temperature (F/C) and humidity (%RH)
- Trend arrows and customizable alerts
- High and low temperature and date stamp
It’s tough to call this a “weather station,” but we wanted to note this deal. At half off, it’s a good buy for someone only looking for indoor and outdoor temperature and humdity that doesn’t need it to be connected to the internet.
More weather station deals to come.. keep checking back