Wondering what we’ve bought over the years? We’ve created this quick list of weather stations and gadgets we recommend, all of which we have used or currently use at our home. This list includes weather stations, books we’re reading, and more. We’ll update this from time to time as we acquire more (and don’t worry, there’s always something new we want!).
We highly recommend Cloudways if you're looking for a fast, reliable host.
- 24/7 Live Support
- Pay as You Go
- Unlimited Servers
- Three Day Free Trial, No Credit Card Required, No Contracts
Through November 28, use promo code BFCM4030 to get 40% OFF for the next four months on all hosting plans, with up to 30 FREE migrations handled by Cloudway engineers.
While the Vantage Vue is showing its age, and its connectivity options limited, it remains the best mid-grade weather station on the market.
- Accuracy is nearly on par with the Vantage Pro 2
- Extremely reliable
- Well-constructed and durable
- Internet connectivity is optional, and expensive
- 5-in-1 sensor isn’t the best for accurate readings
- No expandability
- Can measure PM1 concentrations
- Integrates with WeatherLink Live
- Accurate readings, highly sensitive instrumentation
- Not a standalone sensor
- Built to National Weather Service and CoCoRAHS specifications
- Inner cylinder measures 1" of rain in 0.01" increments, outer cylinder holds an additional 10" of rain
- Can also be used to measure snow
Midland's mid-range weather radio adds a six-memory channel AM/FM radio that switches over automatically when an alert is received, and better overall performance.
Note: this model is currently out of stock at all retailers. Used models are available on eBay.
Save $10 over Amazon by buying directly from Ideal Sciences!
- The best remote temperature sensor on the market
- American made
- Highly accurate
- No subscription fees
- Higher price than other options
Weather Watch is the perfect gift for weather newbies and nerds alike to learn more about America's weather and climate. Unlike other countries, the US has diverse and extreme weather, with some regions experiencing extreme cold and blizzards and others summer heat and hurricanes. This book is suitable for weather experts and people looking for a book about the weather that is easy to read and understand.
The WeatherFlow Tempest is the weather station to buy if you own a smart home. The lightning detection capabilities are also the best we've seen. And you can use promo code TWSE for 10% off if you buy direct from WeatherFlow.
- Super quick setup
- Outstanding lightning detection
- Fairly accurate instrumentation
- Ready for the smart home
- Haptic rain sensor doesn’t measure rainfall accurately enough
- No expandability